Thursday, January 8, 2009

I think I got this comment thing fixed

Well if any of you tried to post a comment you would know that it was screwed up. I am happy to announce that I got it fixed at least for now. I heard this song the other day by Ray Stevens. I thought it was so funny so I decided to share it with you.
When we were having our first baby
The wife said to me maby we should have this baby
The natural way
With out drugs or medication but in peaceful meditation
We'll start this child out on its merry way
So we enrolled into a school and learned to breathe both
Out and in then proudly told our family and our friends
We're having a baby the natural way
We're having a baby we're happy to say
this child will enter into life in sweet tranquillity
the way the old folks did it all down through history
Queens and peasants have both done it so just how hard can it be?
We're having a baby the natural way
our reluctant obstetrician made just one one condition
We could have the child naturally but in a delivery room.
So we kept breathing and rehearsing till the day came for the birthing
Then my wife said sweetly to me" lets go dear the baby's' coming soon
So I grabbed our bags and got her there and got her all checked in
But neither one of us was ready for all that happened when
She started having that baby the natural way
She started hiving that baby and I'm sorry to say
Well there was yelling screaming bleeding
And the cursing of my name,
we forgot how to breathe when the labor really came
Then she yelled Nobody told me that there would be this much pain
I'm not having this baby the natural way.
Then I said Now now honey pant and puff
She said Shut your mouth I've had enough
then from the pit of hell there came a primal scream
She grabbed me in a tight choke hold grabbed the doctor by the stethoscope
then a voice from the exorcist said GIVE ME MORPHINE
They gave her a shot she relaxed her grip and I passed out on the floor
The baby came she did just fine in fact we've had two more
But we didn't have those babies the natural way
We had those babies I'm happy to say
In an air conditioned hospital with every modern aid
With syringes full of the very best pain killers ever made
You can bet your life theres one thing that you'll never hear us say
We're having a baby the natural way
You know it just ain't natural having a baby the natural way
Hey doc could we get a little more pain killer over here
Thank you! I think my wife could use a little to.
We're not having a baby the natural way.
I have had a good laugh more than once over this song. Sorry if you think I'm weird but if I don't have a laugh every once in while I'll lose my mind. It just reminded me of how our expectations of our first birth will be are so far removed from reality. I assure you that mine were brought back with shock by about the third contraction on the sixth of September of 2005.
Anyway I got 600 bean bags finished up on Monday that I started last Wednesday. It felt nice to actually finish some thing that I started I am very blessed with another very contented baby.The other two seem to be the ones who take the most time.Between feeding, correcting, wiping bottoms, changing diapers and baths there is hardly time for fixing meals, doing laundry, and keeping the house picked up. I have not even tried to clean the house for about 2 months now, maby I will get to that next week. Well I am tiered so I'd better go.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kyrston! I discovered your blog last week. I have to say, I am overjoyed to see that I'm not the only one who cleans her house about 4 times a year. . . .

    ReplyDelete